Retaining Court Documents of Unlawful Detention

September 04, 2015 | By a practitioner in North America

( A Chinese court illegally sentenced my parents to a five-year prison term in 2002 for practicing Falun Gong.

After they were released in 2007, mother and father discussed what to do with the verdict documents the court had sent them. My father believed it was shameful to keep documents issued by a communist court and that the papers should be destroyed. Mother thought otherwise. “We should not destroy them,” she said. The documents will be our evidence when the time is ripe to sue Jiang Zemin in court.”

My parents recently filed criminal complaints against Jiang Zemin with China’s Supreme People’s Court and the Supreme People’s Procuratorate. Their verdict papers show Jiang Zemin’s crime.

Not Afraid of Filing Criminal Complaints Against Jiang

My parents told me over the phone that they had filed their lawsuits against Jiang Zemin in June, and they received official text messages that acknowledges receipt of the complaints. Father said: “Son, you should sue him too. You do not live in China. However we are in China, yet we are not afraid of suing him. You have nothing to worry about.”

“Yes, I am not afraid of him,” I said. “In fact, I am working with some overseas Falun Gong practitioners to file our own criminal complaints against Jiang.”

Chinese version available

Category: Prosecuting Jiang Zemin

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s