An Obstetrics Nurse Who Was Previously Arrested and Persecuted, Sentenced Again to Prison

October 14, 2015 | By a Minghui correspondent from Shandong Province, China

( Ms. Sun Lin, an obstetrics nurse, was sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison for handing out Shen Yun DVDs. She was sentenced by the Laixi City Court of Shandong Province in mid-August, 2015.

Ms. Sun has practiced Falun Gong for about 20 years, and this is the second time she was sentenced to prison. After she was arrested for telling people the facts about Falun Gong in December 2008, the Laixi Court sentenced her to three years in prison and sent her to the Jinan Women’s Prison.

Repeated Arrests

My name is Ms. Sun Lin and I am 50 years old. I used to be a nurse in the Laixi Hospital Obstetrics Department. I began to practice Falun Gong in 1996 and have greatly benefited.

However, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) banned Falun Gong in July 1999 and began to persecute its practitioners for their belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

I wanted to go to Beijing to peacefully appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong but the police stopped me at the train station. When I went to a park in Laixi City to do the Falun Gong exercises I was arrested.

Hospital authorities cooperated with the CCP. The security head of the hospital, Liang Wanjun, and a head nurse, Jie Xiuzhi, visited my home in the middle of the night in September 1999. They took me to our hospital for the night.

I went to Beijing to peacefully protest on Tiananmen Square at the end of November 1999 and was arrested. My hospital’s chief administrator, Cui Qinli, and another employee came to Beijing to take me home. My wages and bonuses, which should have been over 20,000 yuan, were withheld. They only gave me a 300 yuan per month living allowance.

In 2000, I went to Beijing several times to peacefully appeal for justice for Falun Gong. My hospital forced me to stay at home and submit a statement guaranteeing that I would not appeal for Falun Gong again. The head nurse, Lu Xia, demanded that I quit my job if I refused to write a statement denouncing Falun Gong. However, I would rather quit my job than give up Falun Gong.

Pulled by a Motorcycle

I put up “Falun Gong Is Good” posters in 2002. Binhe Police Station officers arrested me, handcuffed one of my hands to a motorcycle, and pulled me all the way to the station. They also ransacked my house and confiscated Falun Gong books before taking me to a detention center.

I was given a full body exam at the station. Shen Tao pulled up my clothes to take photos of the sections of my body that did not have any wounds.

At the detention center, the guards pulled my arms backward and held my hair to take my photo. They beat me and then tried to transfer me to a forced labor camp after seven days. However, the forced labor camp refused to accept me because of poor health.


Zhougezhuang Police Station officers arrested me in December 2008 and ransacked my home for telling people about the persecution of Falun Gong. They took me to a detention center that evening.

At the detention center, another practitioner and I were handcuffed together. We were not allowed to sleep or use the bathroom. Another detainee that was sympathetic to us undid the handcuffs. The guards found out and put the cuffs on us again. We were often kicked and beaten.

They took me to a hospital after 13 days and found my blood pressure was very high. The Dashan Detention Center in Qingdao City refused to admit me at first, so I do not know how the police convinced them to accept me.

Three Years of Torture

The Laixi Court sentenced me to three years in prison, and I was taken to the Jinan Women’s Prison in Shandong Province in 2009.

In prison I was tortured and forced to watch programs that slandered Falun Gong. When I refused to watch, they confined me in a small cell, deprived me of sleep, and forced me to sit motionless.

The guards forced me to work for ten hours, with no time out for meals, and gave only limited time to use the bathroom. Practitioners were not allowed to talk to me.

Guard Chang Baojia ordered one prisoner to remove my bedcovers and pull off my clothes to search for Falun Gong materials.

I was confined in a small cell for over 40 days and was allowed only one bottle of water per day. I was not allowed to use the bathroom or take a bath. Some prisoners had to do hard work throughout the day, but the guards assigned them to watch me in the evening, so that they would hate practitioners.

My blood pressure rose and other prisoners forced medication down my throat. The guards ordered them to carry me to a hospital, where I was injected with unknown drugs. The prisoners hit me and I had black and blue bruises all over.

I showed my injuries to the other Falun Gong practitioners and prisoners. Someone reported it to the leader of the guards, so all the guards decided to turn against me. I was held in a small cell until my release.

Parties involved in persecuting Ms. Sun:
Longkoulu Police Station: +86-532-87421188
Yu Zhanjiang (于占江), director: +86-18653295567 (mobile)
Zhang Yongqiang (张永强), instructor: +86-13969683077 (mobile)
Zhang Ronghua (张荣华), vice director: +86-13589371375 (mobile), +86-87421188 (office)
Sun Yiguo (孙义国), policeman: +86-13589375825 (mobile)Laixi City Detention Center: +86-532-66588071

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s