Husband Sentenced to Jail, Wife Interrogated

January 13, 2016 | By a Minghui Correspondent in Inner Mongolia, China

( Five Falun Gong practitioners, including Mr. Fang Qingchang and Mr. Zong Tingxuan, were illegally tried in court in Hinggan League, Inner Mongolia on October 15, 2015, for practicing Falun Gong. Mr. Fang was sentenced to 4 years in prison and Mr. Zong to 6 years.

The five practitioners were arrested in November 2014 by domestic security officers.

Ms. Wang Jinhua, the wife of Mr. Fang, recounts how she was arrested and interrogated.

Ms. Wang Jinhua

My name is Wang Jinghua. I was at my mother’s home when more than 10 officers showed up on November 7, 2014. They ransacked my mother’s home and confiscated her laptop. They then took me to my home.

My daughter was on the phone with her friend when the police arrived at my home. The police grabbed the phone from her hand and scared her deeply. They ransacked my home and confiscated my car, driver’s license, and 7,000 yuan, for which I had to pay 2,000 yuan later to get that money back. I was soon taken to the Qianqi Police Department.

My husband, who was on a business trip about 150 miles from my hometown, was arrested on the same day. The police drove there to arrest him, and he was detained in the Qianqi Detention Center.

I was interrogated in the Qianqi Police Department for two days and two nights. They took turns interrogating me. They also yelled at me and deprived me of sleep. I was not allowed to use the restroom when there was no female officer available. At that time, I had my period and it was a humiliating experience.

Zhu Qin and Xu Guangping, two police officers, were very hostile during the interrogation.

My daughter was hauled into the police station by officers who claimed, “Your mom wants to see you.” She had to listen to the interrogation in the police department, which made her miss her school exams, affecting her grades.

After the interrogation, I was taken to the Qianqi Detention Center. A week later, I was transferred to another detention center, where I was detained for 37 days. During this time, I developed heart problems, which I still have not overcome despite getting medical treatment.

My husband is still detained in the detention center, where he is tortured. He was tied to a specially designed torture bed for one week and given short rations of food.

The police are trying to frame him, demanding that he admit to crimes he never committed.

I was not informed when he was put on trial on October 15, 2015.

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s